Volunteer Coordinating Team Needed!
Along with the growth of our co-op, our Volunteer Co-ordinator Role has Grown! The best way to manage this hugely important role is to have 2-3 people working as a team. Are you passionate about our co-op? Do you have great people skills? Are you ready to fill the shoes of some awesome predecessors (Gini Lizzie Louisa and Karen?). If you can help with any of the following, let us know! Training and support will be provided to get you up and going! These roles are permanent volunteer roles.
Contact us here if you're ready to take on or part of this role!
The purpose of this role is to manage and provide ongoing support to volunteers
1. Arrange volunteer information sessions and recruitment drives in collaboration with the Training Co-ordinator
2. Create, advertise and maintain the monthly shop roster, including making SOS callouts as necessary
3. Roster paid staff for the correct number of hours and authorize timesheets
4. Work with the Training Coordinator to appropriately roster new volunteers
5. Work with the Membership Coordinator to maintain the volunteer database
6. Work with the communications volunteer and the steering committee to manage volunteer communications, including issuing a regular Volunteer Newsletter
7. Develop ways to recognise and reward volunteer efforts
8. Explore ways to improve retention of volunteers
9. Attend and or report to monthly steering committee meetings
Marketing Co-ordinator Needed!
Another exciting way you can help our co-op!
To develop strategies to grow Flametree Co-op membership, the volunteer base and shop sales. You would be responsible for developing a marketing and promotion plan for presentation to the Co-op Directors for discussion. Low cost or no cost options are encouraged as the Co-op does not have a large budget for marketing and promotion and relies mainly on volunteer contributions and modest cash investments.
To prepare the plan you will need to liaise with the Events co-ordinator, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Media Co-ordinator and others.
If you think you fit the bill get in contact and one of the Directors will discuss the job further with you.
You will earn permanent volunteer status for the hours you put into helping your Co-op thrive .
Contact us here if you are interested!